Worship Service and Sunday school are at 10 am.
We are a friendly, rural, small town kind of charge. Our services consist of a mix of contemporary and traditional styles. We are an amalgamated congregation that is blessed with differing strengths. The Thamesville United Church Pastoral Charge originally was a three point charge consisting ofthe smaller communities of Croton and Kent Bridge, as well as the Village of Thamesville and immediate surrounding area. We strive to exceed accessibility standards for all persons. Should you have a specific concern regarding accessibilty, please feel free to contact us to address any concerns you may have
Our church fulfills many ministries within the community, through the various groups, such as:
All youth are welcome to join us for a variety of programming. Our growing number of youth enjoy activities geared towards teaching children/youth the lessons brought to us by Jesus. As we grow, we are seeking dedicated individuals to join our Youth education ministry. If you would like to know more, and would like to get involved, please contact our church for more information.
UCW Unit 1
Our Unit is composed of older members of UCW with an average attendance of eight. We are unable to take on large projects but enjoy the fellowship of being together in worship and study. NEW MEMBERS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME.We:
- look after our allocation and give to Mission and Services.
- provide memorials for all church members.
- give money to Good-Will for cards & etc.
- help support Bible School.
- cater to small groups – lunches and meals.
- assist Unit 2 with funeral lunches.
- tackle small projects – saving pennies and birthday box.
- give to Women’s Crisis Centre, food bank and Sertoma for Christmas boxes.
- give to the school’s breakfast program.
- assist Unit 2 with pie making and making cole slaw.
- look after purchasing The Upper Room for those who wish to use it.
- assist the Church Board financially when needed.
- help in smaller acts for the everyday things that keep a Church running.
UCW Unit 2
As we work to serve our Lord, our Church and our community, we laugh and cry together, but most of all, we enjoy each other’s support and friendship. We:
- donate money and items to the food bank, Women’s Crisis Centre, Sertoma, Neighbour Link, Samaritan’s Purse, Haiti, etc.
- collect pennies to sponsor a child through “Compassion”
- merrily work in the kitchen making pies, dinners, lunches, coleslaw, etc.
- assist in Church projects
- operate the “Wee Shop” at Christmas
- help decorate the Church for Christmas
- give money to the Board of Stewards
AOTS (As One That Serves)
AOTS is a man’s service club that is affiliated with the United Church of Canada; but is open to all men on a broad ecumenical basis. AOTS aims to promote fellowship, deepen the spiritual life of men, and develop a program of Christian service. In fact, AOTS stand for “As One That Serves”, which is taken from the statement by Christ: “I am among you as One that serves” (Luke 22.27)
As Thamesville AOTS, we provide breakfast at 8am the last Sunday of the month with usually December, July and August off. If you show up before 8 you get to help cook! We support the Sertoma and Salvation Army at Christmas and help out with maintenance at Kenneserie Camp. We also, help organize the church’s yearly yard sale, and cook breakfast for the breakfast with Santa program. AOTS also helps send kid’s to various camps/programs.
- President – Alex Miller
- Secretary – Doug Mitton
- Treasurer –
- Cooks – Chris OBrien and Kevin Bedford
Thamesville United Church is a founding member of Chatham-Kent Neighbour Link which is legally known as Christian Faith in Action Assisted Services of Chatham-Kent. Simply stated, our goal is to bring church families together to assist those in need. Neighbour Link does not duplicate existing services if there is help already available, we will however, link families or persons to the existing services. Where there are gaps in community services Neighbour Link seeks to provide practical help.
NeighbourLink Mission: We express our love for God by mobilizing volunteers from member churches to respond to the needs of neighbours in our community.
NeighbourLink Vision: We respond with compassion to our neighbours in need by linking them to existing services, to volunteers from member churches to ensure specific, practical and timely help is provided.
The biggest needs are furniture and deliveries, food and food issues and rides to DR appointments, groceries, bank etc. We are committed to relieving the suffering of the poor. We value people because they are loved by God.